Sunday, March 4, 2012

Manga/Graphic Novel/Video Game Novel Challenge February




Hi everyone,
In February, I continue my journey into the manga world, to success in my challenge of reading more than 48 mangas by the end of December...

If some series make me want to review published them, others too short or sometimes the ones I read but I was not enthralled, will only have a comment I left on Goodreads.com.
But be aware that each time, it is a pleasure for me to discover the adventures offered in a manga. I travel often into wacky worlds that allow me to get away as easily as in a real novel.

Sometimes I fall also on artists whose drawings are incredibly beautiful and very well detailed. It reminds me of the difficulty and rigor required of authors and manga artists to publish a tiny book like that.
Hats off to them for their work!

So in January, I had read 9. In February, I added new …

Salut tout le monde,
En février, je continue mon périple pour réussir le challenge que je me suis fixée en début d'année, à savoir lire plus de 48 mangas d'ici la fin décembre.

Si certaines séries me donnent envie de les publiées, d'autres trop courtes ou parfois celles que j'ai lu mais qui ne m'ont pas captivé, vont uniquement avoir un commentaire que je laisse sur Goodreads.com.
Mais il faut savoir qu'a chaque fois, c'est un plaisir de découvrir les aventures proposé dans un manga. Je voyage dans des mondes souvent loufoque qui me permettent de m'échapper aussi facilement qu'avec un vrai roman.
Parfois, je tombe aussi sur des artistes dont les dessins sont d'une incroyable beauté, très bien détaillés. Cela me rappelle la difficulté et la rigueur demandée aux auteurs et artistes de manga.
Un coup de chapeau à eux pour leur travail!

Donc en janvier, j'en avais lu 9. En février, j'en rajoute des nouveaux...

The surprise of the month!/La surprise du mois!

KORE WA KOI NO HANASHI BY CHIKA
A great discovery, surprising and original that does not leave the reader indifferent. Strong and fragile characters, funny, endearing and tender. Try this one and let me know your opinion...

Une belle découverte, originale et surprenante qui ne laisse pas insensible. Des personnages entiers, drôles, attachants et tendres. A lire.


Vol 1, 2 & 3 available http://newbooksonmyselves.blogspot.com/2012/02/kore-wa-koi-no-hanashi-by-chika.html


Lovely Everywhere By Ke Li

A manga full of bittersweet feelings. Ke Li tells the story of a lovely Lolita who falls in love with a lady-killer who flits from girls girls. Beautiful drawings and a great intensity in the characters emotions. I've enjoyed this manga so far and I'm looking forwards to the next volume release...

Un manga plein de sentiments doux-amers. Ke Li raconte l'histoire d'une belle Lolita qui tombe amoureuse d'un tombeur qui papillonne de filles en filles. Les dessins sont magnifiques et il existe une grande intensité dans les émotions des personnages. J'ai beaucoup aimé ce manga et j'attends la sortie du prochain volume avec impatience...

Vol 1, 2 & 3 available
 http://newbooksonmyselves.blogspot.com/2012_02_01_archive.html


Amai Akuma Ga Warau by Toriumi Pedoro
Vol 2


A sadistic Master and servant relation. Where Isshin, the butler, is even more disturbing and undecipherable than in the previous volume.A good one!

Une relation maître sadique/ serviteur. Où Isshin, le maître d'hôtel, est encore plus inquiétante et indéchiffrable que dans le volume précédent. Un bon moment.

Vol 2
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13453744-amai-akuma-ga-warau-vol-2 Hiyokoi by Yukimaru Moe


Hiyokoi by Yukimaru Moe

I stumbled upon the first episode of this anime and the story had made me smile. If the manga is kind of cute and nice, some chapters or volume are really long without any developpement. It's the inequality in this work that annoy me. Basically you need to wait until the volume 6 to see some romantic action...

Je suis tombé sur le premier épisode de cet anime et l'histoire m'avait fait sourire. Si le manga est plutôt mignon et gentil, certains chapitres et même volumes sont vraiment longuet, sans developpement. C'est la inegallity dans le travail qui m'a gêné. Fondamentalement, vous devez attendre jusqu'au volume 6 pour voir un peu d'action romantique...

Vol 1
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10566534-hiyokoi
Vol 2
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11518024-hiyokoi
Vol 3
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11518024-hiyokoi
Vol 4
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11361027-hiyokoi-vol-4
Vol 5
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13301571-hiyokoi-vol-5
Vol 6
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13479849-hiyokoi-vol-6

Deep Love Virus by Nagi Michiko

Nothing fancy but a nice story.

Rien de phénoménal mais une histoire sympa à lire.

One shot volume
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7791066-deep-love-virus





Mars by Fuyumi Soryo

Even if the story is not really an original one, the manga is worth a reading. The drawing are a little simplistic but efficiant. I've not been bored by my reading and I want to know what will happen next...

Même si l'histoire n'est pas vraiment originale, le manga vaut la peine d'être lu. Le coup de crayon est un peu simpliste, mais effice. Je ne me suis ennuyée et je veux savoir ce qui va arriver ensuite …

Vol 1
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1025039.Mars_Volume_1


Volumes read in February: 15
Manga/Graphic Novel/Video Game Novel Challenge: 24/48

See you at the end of March to learn more about the ones I've read so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive