Monday, September 17, 2012

CLOCKWORK PRINCE BY CASSANDRA CLARE


THE INFERNAL DEVICES
BOOK 2 


Synopsis:
In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, though her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will—the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do? 

As their search for the truth leads the three friends into peril, Tessa's heart is increasingly torn, especially when one of their own betrays them...

Reactions:
I took me a while to finish this book. I stopped a long time after the revelations about Will's curse. Not because the story does not enchanted me but simply because I would have to wait a long time before reading more... 

I wanted to keep a bit below the elbow before March 2013 but my curiosity led to break my promise to wait ...
I must admit that even though I expected to live some dilemmas, my heart has sunk. There are betrayals, twists, moments of black despair, of impossible love and fantastic reunion. The reader does not get bored! 

You shiver. You shake your head. You live, by following the charachers, some intense and eventful adventures. Cassandra Clare's imagination allows the reader to grasp this novel and have a great time. A reading always too short as you would like to continue to live indefinitely the dramas of this family of Shadowhunters. 

Being a huge fan of Will since the first opus, I enjoyed the transformations taking place in him throughout this volume. His mood swings, his fiery temperament and his weaknesses make it a hero to whom you attache yourself pretty quickly. 
I hope Tessa will open her eyes in the next volume! 

"The Infernal Devices" is a series that, in my opinion, surpasses in depth, darkness and awful twists the ones of "The Mortal Instruments." It's a pleasure and a delight to follow the trio: Tessa, Jem and Will in their extraordinary adventures. 
I can not wait to get my hands on the "Clockwork Princess" in March! 

Happy reading ...


Sentences

From Tessa: "What is one person's pleasure is another's poison, don't you find?" 

"Friendship is one mind in two bodies" Meng-tsu 

From Will: "I knew it was you. You always smell of lavender."

From Magnus: "I thought him a pretty bit of poison to start with, but I have come around. There is a soul under all that bravado. And he is really alive, one of the most alive people I have ever met. When he feels something, it is bright and sharp as lightning."

"He's very broken" said Magnus. "Like a lovely vase that someone has smashed. Only luck and skill can put it back together the way it was before."


CLOCKWORK PRINCE
BY CASSANDRA CLARE

THE INFERNAL DEVICES 
BOOK 2 

Traduction du synopsis:

Dans le milieu magique du Londres de l'époque victorienne, Tessa Gray trouve son cœur attiré de plus en plus vers Jem, bien que son désir pour Will, malgré ses humeurs sombres, continue à la déstabiliser. Mais quelque chose a changé en Will - le mur qu'il a construit autour de lui est en train de s'écrouler. 


Est-ce que trouver le Magister pourrait libérer Will de ses secrets et donner des réponses à Tessa sur qui elle est et ce qu'elle est destinée à faire? 

Comme leur recherche de la vérité conduit les trois amis vers de nouveaux périls, le cœur de Tessa est de plus en plus déchiré, surtout lorsque l'un des leurs les trahit ...

Impressions:
J'ai mis un moment à finir ce livre. Je me suis arrêtée un long moment après les révélations sur la malédiction de Will. 
Non parce que l'histoire ne m'enchantait pas mais simplement parce qu'il allait falloir attendre un long moment avant de lire la suite. 
Je voulais donc en garder un peu sous le coude avant Mars 2013 mais j'ai craqué... Ma curiosité m'a poussé à savoir... 

Je dois avouer que même si je m'attendais à vivre des dilemmes, mon cœur s'est serré. Il y a des trahisons, des rebondissements, des moments noirs, du désespoir, des amours impossibles et des retrouvailles fantastiques. 
On ne s'ennuie pas ! On frissonne. On secoue la tête. On vit des aventures intenses et mouvementées. L'imagination de Cassandra Clare permet au lecteur d'agripper ce roman et de passer un très bon moment. Une lecture toujours trop courte tant on aimerait continuer de vivre les drames de cette famille de Shadowhunters.

Étant une fan de Will depuis le premier opus, j'ai apprécié les transformations qui s'opèrent en lui durant tout ce volume. Ses sautes d'humeur, son tempérament de feu et ses blessures en font un héros auquel on s'attache énormément.
J'espère que Tessa ouvrira les yeux dans le prochain volume ! 

"The Infernal Devices" est une série qui, à mon avis, surpasse en profondeur, noirceur, rebondissements "The Mortal Instruments." Le trio Tessa, Jem et Will est un régal à suivre dans leurs aventures extraordinaires. 
J'ai hâte de mettre mes mains sur la suite en mars prochain!

Bonne lecture...


2 comments:

  1. This is indeed better than M.I. IMHO. Tessa isn't annoying like Clary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't actually read your review because I haven't read the book yet and I am scaaaaared to be spoiled! Ahaha! But I need to read this ASAP! I've been putting it off forever and I have no idea why!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive