Friday, September 28, 2012

FREEWILL BY ELYSE DRAPER


Synopsis
Told as a paranormal fairytale, with science-fiction and dark-mystery/thriller overtones, the main character, Ellie, has discovered an ancient world that exists within, and alongside, our own. 

To survive the mysterious and dangerous, she has to learn what she has become since her death, where her strength really resides, and how to love and be loved. Unbeknownst to her, destiny's stop watch is counting down, secret organizations are watching her every move, and her family's past may destroy her future.

Reactions:
A surprising novel! 

To be honest, for a long time, I was wondering where the author was going. Where he wanted to take me by telling me the different stories about the past of the characters. The transition between the fairies and the heroes 's abilities took some time to make its way in my head. This disrupted a little my reading.

Then, at Christopher's and Lune's arrival, the narrative text took a different dimension. 
My confusion gave away to anticipation and curiosity. So, I immersed myself avidly in my reading about who from James or Ellie would have the last word in this war. 

After closing this book, I still had many questions. But I was also taken by surprise by the last lines with an amazing twist in the plot that excited me. It is with pleasure and much anticipation that I will soon begin the tome 2: Consequences

Impossible to review this book without revealing too much of the story. For sure, the reader plunges into a magical world where good and evil fight to maintain a certain balance. 

Ellie comes from a family with supernatural powers. But her own abilities have been amplified and become stronger when she has died and come into contact with Christopher. This young shy and troubled man manages to stir up some memories and emotions that the girl thought never be able to revive. 

A beautiful love story wonderfuly told with gentleness and poetry. 

A great discovery

Sentences:

From Ellie: "I can only handle the solitude if I don't have to feel the loss!"

From Ellie: "life hurts whether you are empathic or not; but loving someone, and letting them love you, makes it all worthwhile."

From Christopher: "I couldn't imagine a life without her, and when I'd simply wrap my arms around her, the world and my place in it, would make sense." 

From Christopher: "She's my future, my past, my universe"

From Ellie: "My butterflies know he loves me, and I went on letting them die in the poison of my own doubts and stupidity."

From Ellie: "He was the most sensational enigma, and I would need forever to solve him."


FREEWILL BY ELYSE DRAPER

Traduction du synopsis:
Raconté comme un conte de fées paranormal, avec des accents de science-fiction et de dark-mystery/thriller, le personnage principal, Ellie, a découvert un monde ancien qui existe au sein, et à côté du nôtre. Pour survivre aux mystères et aux dangers, elle doit apprendre ce qu'elle est devenue depuis sa mort.

Elle doit aussi apprendre où réside vraiment sa force et comment aimer et d'être aimé. 

À son insu, le chronomètre du destin a débuté son compte à rebours. Les organisations secrètes épient chacun de ses mouvements et le passé familial peut détruire son avenir. 

Impressions:
Un roman surprenant!

Pendant un long moment, je me suis demandée où l'auteur voulait en venir. Où il voulait m'emmener en me contant différentes histoires sur le passé des personnages. 
La transition entre les fées et les habilités des héros a mis du temps à se faire. Cela a perturbé un peu ma lecture. 

Puis à l'arrivée de Christopher et de Lune, le récit a prit une dimension différente. La confusion a fait place à de la curiosité. Du coup, je me suis plongée dans ma lecture avec avidité pour savoir qui de James ou d'Ellie auraient le dernier mot.

Si en fermant ce livre, il me restait encore de nombreuses questions, j'ai été prise par surprise par les dernières lignes. Un rebondissement étonnant qui m'a excité. C'est avec plaisir et beaucoup d'anticipation que je vais débuter le tome 2: Consequences

Impossible de résumer pleinement cet ouvrage sans dévoiler l'histoire. Donc, sans vraiment rentrer dans les détails, on peut dire que le lecteur plonge dans un univers magique où le bien et le mal combattent pour maintenir un certain équilibre. 

Ellie est issue d'une famille avec des pouvoirs surnaturels. Les siens s'amplifient lorsqu'elle meurt et qu'elle rentre en contact avec Christopher. Il parvient à réveiller des souvenirs et des émotions que la jeune fille pensait ne jamais revivre. 

Une très belle histoire d'amour magnifiquement contée avec douceur et poésie. 

 Une très belle découverte

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive