Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My resolutions and challenges of 2013!


My resolutions and challenges of 2013!
This is the 1st of January, the right time for new resolutions ... 

Not those one does not keep like banishing the chocolate from my life or stop torturing himself to fit into a size 34/4 US/6 UK but those who accompany you throughout the months.

Mes résolutions et challenges de 2013!
C'est le 1er janvier, le bon moment pour les nouvelles résolutions...

Pas celles que l'on ne tient jamais comme arrêter le chocolat ou se torturer pour rentrer dans une taille 34 mais celles qui vous accompagnent au fil des mois.

Rewrite my novel
In 2013, my main motivation is to take the novel that I had sent to "Gallimard" for the contest for their 40 years and rework it. 
While I did not win the competition, I was very happy to lay a story in three months. 
Even if the last days were horrible with only a few hours to sleep to meet the deadlines ... 
It will make some beautiful memories to keep in my heart to remind me of year 2012 ... 

Now, with the strength of this experience, I know that my novel needs a good proofreading, a good overhaul and maybe even an addition of some sex scenes... 
Anyway, I'm motivated and excited by this new personnal challenge! 

By the way thanks to Elisabeth and Marc who were my first readers...


Reprendre mon roman 

En 2013, ma motivation principale sera de reprendre le roman que j'avais envoyé aux "Editions Gallimard" pour le concours des 40 ans et de le retravailler. 
Certes, je n'ai pas gagné ce concours mais j'ai été très contente de pondre un récit en 3 mois. 
Même si les derniers jours ont été abominables à ne dormir que quelques heures pour parvenir à le rendre à temps... 
De beaux souvenirs à garder dans mon coeur pour me remémorer 2012... 

Maintenant, forte de cette expérience, je sais que mon roman demande une bonne relecture, un bon remaniement et peut-être même l'ajout de quelques scènes de sexe...
Bref, je suis motivée à bloc!

J'en profite pour remercier Elisabeth et Marc qui ont été mes premiers lecteurs... ça m'a beaucoup émue...


2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
Lucie has read 0 books toward her goal of 200 books.
hide

2013 Reading Challenge
Then, as in 2012, I will participate in the Goodgreads 2013 Reading Challenge.
Again, I fix my new goal at 200 books to read this year.

Of course, I know now that I am able to read more than 235... But if I decide to increase my challenge, I will probably kill the fun and make it become a race against the clock that will eventually disguste me to read.

So if I exceed 239 the December 31 2013, I would be happy with my performance, otherwise I would be happy to have discovered new or great old authors whose writings will have certainly moved me.
Sure, there will be stories that will bore me to death in the lot, but as in 2012, my mind will keep only good novels when I will rank them the last day of december ...


2013 Reading Challenge 

Ensuite comme en 2012, je participe au 2013 Reading Challenge de Goodgreads. 
Je repars sur 200 livres à lire pour cette année. 

Bien entendu, je sais maintenant que je suis capable d'en lire plus de 235 mais si je décidais d'augmenter mon challenge, cela ne serait plus du plaisir mais une course contre la montre qui finirait par me dégoûter de lire. 

Alors si je dépasse 239 au 31 décembre 2013, je serais ravie de ma performance, sinon je serais heureuse d'avoir pu découvrir de nouveaux ou d'anciens auteurs formidables dont les écrits m'auront transportés. 

Certes, il va y avoir des histoires qui vont m'ennuyer dans le lot mais j'avoue avoir été particulièrement surprise de ne plus me souvenirs des merdouilles que j'ai pu lire en 2012. Mon esprit n'a gardé que les bons romans..



Manga/Graphic Novel/Video Game Novel Challenge 2013 

And my last challenge remains in connection with the reading ... A challenge which I participated in 2012 on my blog without really reporting my links on the site. (Sorry!)
So, my distraction (or my laziness) left me a sense of unfinished business the December 31 2012.

As it is the day of good resolutions, I pledge to be more disciplined and faithfully carry on my reading of mangas and comics in hopes of winning the grand prize ...
Free books!

For my part, I try the level 3 Warcraft - Hardcore Player with 25/35 manga / comics to read in 2013.

If you want to participate, do not hesitate to look at the terms:
http://empyreanedge.com/mgv-challenge-2013 

Manga/Graphic Novel/Video Game Novel Challenge 2013

 Et mon dernier challenge reste encore en rapport avec la lecture... Un challenge auquel j'ai participé en 2012 sur mon blog sans vraiment reporter mes liens sur le site. Désolée!

Du coup, ma distraction (ou ma fainéantise) m'a laissé un goût d'inachevé au 31 décembre 2012. Alors comme c'est le jour des bonnes résolutions, je m'engage a être plus disciplinée et reporter fidèlement mes lectures de mangas et comics dans l'espoir de remporter le grand prix...
Des livres gratuits!

Pour ma part, j'essaie un niveau 3 Warcraft – Hardcore Player avec 25/35 mangas/comics à lire sur 2013. 

Si vous voulez y participez, n'hésitez pas à regarder les modalités:
http://empyreanedge.com/mgv-challenge-2013


Best wishes to all of you and good luck with your own resolutions!

Meilleurs vœux à vous tous et bonne chance avec vos propres résolutions!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your novel and I for one am looking forward to reading it. I would like to read more but this time around I want to explore books outside my comfort zone. It might not be popular with our followers but it's more for expounding my taste and knowledge.

    P.S. I want chocolates and still be able to fit into my jeans LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot about your encouragements!
    By the way i wish you an Happy New Year and be assured I will do my best to keep my waist under control while enjoying chocolate. LOL!
    And I totally understand what you mean about trying something "osé"...I was not far from requesting some gay stories and I chickened out at the last minute. But I will definitively try it in 2013!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive